Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's all about the MOney - PLanet fitness contracts!On April 2007, I have contacted Fourways Mega Club to cancelled my membership due to I need to go overseas and never gonna come back to South Africa, the consultant told me that the membership will be cancelled.Then on January 2008, my bank called my family, my account have been overdraft, I checked my statement, realised Planet Fitness did not cancelled my membership but kept debiting my account.I have contacted Rebecca, Dawn, Johann. Rebecca and Dawn, asked me a question then ignore me from then, after a week of waiting, I contacted Johann, he replied after all, he said I must pay for everything that I "OWED" Planet Fitness, well, I supposed to ask for the refund from them because of their empty promises before I left South Africa.What I want to say is that, Planet Fitness never say that they were wrong, the customer always wrong, and as a customer of Planet Fitness, I cannot have my membership cancelled as I am overseas, I have to pay for all mistake made by Planet Fitness, and I have spent over R1000 on international call just to say hi to Planet Fitness.