Saturday, May 17, 2008

Anonymous said...
http://www.hellopeter.com/the_comment.asp?recid=150021

I was high pressured into a 3yr contract with Planet Fitness. I was never informed of the small print - that AFTER 3 years, I would go onto a monthly Planet Fitness membership fee. Without any notification to a 'loyal customer' of 3 years, informing me that Planet Fitness would now be debiting R244 per month,Planet Fitness started taking money.

I tried to contact them as I did not understand why they were helping themselves. No luck. I left messages for various Planet Fitness accounts people who never called back. I emailed their contact mail from the website several times. No response.

Finally I went into the Fourways Planet Fitness branch but it was the weekend and they said the manager was the only person who could help. They promised he would call on Monday. He did not. On Tuesday I got hold of him and expressed my extreme unhappiness. He said it was my fault for signing the contract and I could not get back any money. All I could do was cancel the planet fitness contract and stop further deductions. I did this by email as agreed telephonically.

Now their legal department wants to take action against me for arrears on my account. I have mailed 4 senior people regarding this. No response from Planet Fitness. Seems they only call you to extort money for services unrendered.
May 16, 2008 5:54 AM